BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 12, 2013

Mommy Diaries : Aden & Anais

Carmel mentioned that Aden & Anais receiving blankets were a good registry item so I decided to take a look! First impression - super cute blankets! Second impression - why are they so expensive?! They run about $50 for a 4-pack of the cotton ones and $45 for a 3-pack of the bamboo ones! I decided that this will definitely be a registry item!! I went with the bamboo muslin collection since I liked the Pyara print the best.

 
These are the softest blankets ever! They're made from rayon fiber, is 47" x 47" which makes swaddling feasible as the baby gets bigger. They're supposed to get softer and softer with each wash though they're already incredibly soft to begin with and can be used as a stroller/nursing cover, changing pad or bassinet mattress cover, burp cloth, tummy time blanket, etc. They're breathable to prevent overheating as well.

I also got a couple of the cotton muslin blankets in the For the Birds print at my shower - the cotton ones are 100% cotton.


The bamboo ones are definitely softer but lighter so I didn't feel as though they would keep my baby warm enough during the spring. However, in the summer, they've been perfect! Because they're so soft, they snag a lot easier as well. One of the blankets snagged upon my first wash and when I contacted Aden & Anais' customer service, they sent me a whole new pack as a replacement! Their customer service was amazing!

The cotton ones are thicker and great for the cooler nights and because they're not as thin would make better burp cloths. I've used these blankets for pretty much everything that their website mentions - stroller / mattress cover, burp cloth, tummy time blanket, swaddling, and just a "regular" blanket when she's hanging out!

I've also tried their burpy bibs ($22 for a set of 2) which are contoured so it fits over your shoulder perfectly but also has a snap so that you can snap them around your baby! I love all of their various prints! They're also super absorbent as well!

 
Last, but not least, I also have their cozy sleep sack ($45)! My baby is an escape artist and can basically get out of her swaddle so I gave up on swaddling her arms in! I have the cozy sleep sack which is 4 layers of 100% cotton muslin and designed for cooler nights. The zipper zips from top to bottom so that the zipper doesn't end up poking the baby (genius!). Sleep sacks are recommended since it's considered not safe to have loose blankets in the crib. I love the softness of the sleep sack, design, and warmth it provides her! 

I am a HUGE fan of Aden & Anais products! So cute and so practical as well! It's definitely pricey but I know they'll last a long time (well, as long as she needs them)! What do you do with them after?? You wear the blankets as a scarf of course!!
 
 
 
Disclosure: Products were either purchased with my own money or given to me at my baby shower. All opinions are my own and completely honest. This post is not sponsored in any way.

0 comments: